James (Jimmy) Costigan opened his business in 1957 in Barrack St. Cahir as a Grocer and Hackney service, with his wife Ellen. In 1977, he started undertaking. After his passing in 1983, his sons Liam and Thomas carried on the tradition and in 1988 they opened the Funeral Home in Lower Abbey St., which was formerly known as a Forge. This is evident by the "horse shoe" shaped front entrance.
Today, the funeral home is proudly run by Liam (Wally) and his wife Patricia (Pattie).
In 1998, Liam started a monumental service which serves all of South Tipperary.